Reports to: Chief Product Officer
We are working to reimagine family history. We need someone to help us live up to that goal — someone demonstrating smart original thinking that will help us create new and improved websites, mobile experiences and other products.
With a renewed focus on design and technology, we aim to take our services to a new level of excellence, and you will be a key part of this change. Millions of people use our sites and services based around family history, and we want to excite them with upcoming improvements and our expansions into new areas.
You will have a love and curiosity for design and user experience. You want to be involved with creating fantastic products and services that people love to use. You will have the freedom to make a significant impact on our Product strategy and set and lead the design direction.
- Helping guide and set the design direction for multiple properties.
• 70% UX, UI and other design work (this could include prototyping, user journeys, wireframing, UI design, visual design, motion design, etc.)
• 20% Research (working with the rest of the team, product managers and a user research analyst on usability testing, analysis, user research, etc.)
• 10% Front-end design (for prototyping, coding and testing)
- Ability to think outside of a design brief to see the bigger picture; setting and leading the design direction for whole products, not just features.
- Understand complex design issues and produce effective and clear designs
- Ability to persuade stakeholders and teams on a vision for design
- Ability to lead meetings, workshops and take action on their findings
- A keen interest in the latest thinking in design and UX
- Graphic design skills (including typography, grid systems, etc.)
- Experience of operating in agile environments, or willingness to learn
- An interest in family history would be great
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
Findmypast is a fast-moving company in the family history, online content and social networking space.
We own a number of British iconic websites including Findmypast and Genes Reunited. Our strategy is to provide online businesses where people go to search their past, share their story and connect with people and places. We offer a variety of websites to inspire and help others on this journey.
What is our ambition/vision?
We want to be the number one online global genealogy company and we're looking for the best people to get us there.
2 million page views a day from 70,000 unique visitors
8 web sites
Database of almost 3 Billion records
Why is it a great place to work?
Attract and retain passionate, driven and successful leaders, who are committed to growing our business
Global business with aggressive growth plans
Innovative, creative business always open to exploring new ideas and new ways of working
Fun place to work, people are very friendly and approachable and driven
26 days holiday plus bank holidays
Pension – 3% employee and 3% employer contribution
We also offer a flexible benefits system where you can select from the following benefits up to the value of 3% of salary:
Pension: Additional 3% employer contribution (must be matched by employee)
Health and Wellbeing:
oPrivate medical cover
oHealth cash plan
oDental cash plan
oCorporate gym discounts
Cash It's also an option to have your 3% benefits allowance paid as a cash amount.
oCycle to work
oSeason travel tickets