Our family history websites help families around the world stay connected with their past, present and future memories. We aim to take our services to a new level of excellence, reaching new audiences and allowing people to discover and share their stories in new, exciting ways.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Finance Team as a Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst. As a Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst you will play an important role in providing key financial information, including budgeting and forecasting, reporting and analysis, and adhoc decision support through financial modelling.
- Ensure the accurate and insightful delivery of monthly reporting, principally through the Business Performance Review Pack. Coordinate and challenge the input from other areas of the business – seek to continually improve on the quality of the product.
- Create solid financial models allowing support of the Marketing and Product leads in their key decision-making around investment appraisal decisions, measuring actual performance against hypotheses.
- Review monthly management accounts, working with the Dundee finance team, ensure accuracy and understand variances to expected results.
- Create solid financial models allowing support of the Marketing and Product leads in their key decision-making around investment appraisal decisions and measuring actual performance against expectations.
- Develop monthly marketing reporting that will facilitate improvements in the effectiveness of future spend.
- Report and analyse effectiveness of capital expenditure across the business.
- Work with the business to update the monthly reforecast to identify the likely financial outcome for the period, highlighting significant movements and providing actionable content for the Exec.
- Complete regular cost reviews to ensure value for money and highlight possible saving opportunities.
- Work with FP&A; manager to automate current reporting through new reporting packages (BOARD, Power BI) and create new insight reporting.
- Willing and able to take a proactive role in developing, enhancing or redesigning key FP&A; processes.
- Develop close and effective working relations with various departments within the company.
- Establish collaborative working relations with his / her peers in the Analytics and Reporting team, as well as the Financial Reporting team based in Dundee.
- Qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- 2-4 years PQE experience in industry
- Experience of online publishing or digital companies
- Strong Excel skills
- Expertise in financial modelling
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of partnering with non-Finance colleagues
- Experience of contributing to commercial analysis and reporting
- Managing own workloads to tight deadlines
- Familiarity with finance systems (eg Microsoft Dynamics)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal motivation
- Independent thinking
- High energy levels
- Strong work ethic
- Trustworthy judgement
- Ability to work without significant supervision
- High adaptability and desire to improve their environment
What is our business?
Findmypast has been a British-owned world leader in online genealogy for over 10 years, with an unrivalled record of online innovation in the field of family history and 18 million registered users across its family of online brands. Our various consumer brands (including Findmypast, the British Newspaper Archive and Genes Reunited) offer a searchable online archive of over 1.8 billion family history records, from parish records and censuses to migration records, military collections, historical newspapers and lots more. For customers around the world, our services are a crucial resource for building their family trees and doing detailed historical research that colours in the story of their past.
Our company helps world-class partners digitise their precious collections, providing them with an archive-quality digital surrogate of their records, or publishing existing indexes and transcriptions. In April 2003, Findmypast was the first to provide access to the complete birth, marriage, and death indexes for England & Wales, winning the Queen's Award for Innovation. Since that time, Findmypast has digitised family history records from across the globe, including major collections from Britain, Ireland, Australia, and the United States. In 2014, the National Archives awarded Findmypast the exclusive rights to put the 1939 Register for England and Wales online. In partnership with the British Library, the British Newspaper Archive is part of a project to safeguard the future of the world's greatest newspaper archive – allowing digital access to more than 40 million newspaper pages.
Based in Shoreditch, right in the middle of the Silicon Roundabout that is Old Street, we're a global, privately owned fast-growing company with the aim of becoming the market leader in online genealogy.
What is our ambition/vision?
We want to be the number one online global genealogy company and we're looking for the best people to get us there.
2 million page views a day from 70,000 unique visitors
8 web sites
Database of almost 3 Billion records
Why is it a great place to work?
Attract and retain passionate, driven and successful leaders, who are committed to growing our business
Global business with aggressive growth plans
Innovative, creative business always open to exploring new ideas and new ways of working
We are an excellent company for mentoring new people, we always encourage high standards. We have previously taken on apprentices and trained them up to become great assets to the company
Fun place to work, people are very friendly and approachable and driven
26 days holiday plus bank holidays
Pension – 3% employee and 3% employer contribution
We also offer a flexible benefits system where you can select from the following benefits up to the value of 3% of salary:
Additional 3% employer contribution (must be matched by employee)
Health and Wellbeing:
- Private medical cover
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- Corporate gym discounts
It's also an option to have your 3% benefits allowance paid as a cash amount.
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets